Friday, November 26, 2010

Shadowfires - Dean Koontz


With Dean Koontz for me it's either win or lose. Either, I really enjoy his books or I don't. Shadowfires for me was not a great book. It's about Rachael Leben who's divorcing her husband Eric. In a rage because Rachael wanted nothing from him he storms off into a garbage truck. When his body goes missing from the morgue Rachael knows exactly whats happened.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this one. The description of this book wasn't that great. It didn't really depict what was going to go down in this one. Although, there were several sections of this one that I enjoyed and even laughed at. It just sort of fizzled out for me. Mainly because Koontz has to describe every last thing. I understand why it paints a pretty picture but at points it was so annoying. I think it actually detracts from the book. I heard somewhere that once you've made a sale stop selling it. I feel like all the description really ruins the flow.

The descriptions in this one became so repetitive and annoying. It was sort of the same thing over and over again. Eric's changing. Rachael didn't really seem real. I'm not sure who was supposed to be the main character. When this one ended I was glad. It wasn't like some of his other books that I have enjoyed. I didn't get this one.
 
Nikki's Wild. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino