Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Life Expectancy - Dean Koontz


This is definitely one of my favorite Dean Koontz novels. I think this book rivals Intensity for excitement and suspense. I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to find a book that was as good as that one, but this proves me wrong.

The day Jimmy Tock is born his grandfather dies but not before predicting 5 terrible days for Jimmy. Five dates, Jimmy will have to prepare himself for. While those dates prove something terrible does happen we also learn that there are other things that come from them. The last prediction may be the end.

This book is clearly not for everyone as there are psycho clowns throughout the story. Who here loves clowns? I didn't think so. Anyway, if you can look passed that as I could you'll find a truly well thought out book. I would probably give this 10 stars if I could. You can just tell that Dean put a lot of thought into this book. Everything just comes together in the end with a twist of course.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys fast paced well thought out books. I've said before Koontz is a hit or miss but this is a home run. I laughed, I cried and I laughed some more.
 
Nikki's Wild. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino