Monday, August 27, 2012

40. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

I'm pretty sure everyone's read this one by now or a large portion of people. After watching the movie I had decided to read the book. I think for me it was the smarter thing to do even though I kept telling myself that I wanted to read it first and then watch.

While the movie put a lot of the book into visuals the book really draws on the feelings and what the characters are thinking and going through. It really goes into more depth. Although, I'm not sure what I expected there's only been two books where I thought the movies were actually better.

I enjoyed this well enough. A lot happened. Not only did Collins have a lot of world building she had a lot of character building as well. Katniss volunteers in order to take her sister's place in the annual Hunger Games. A deadly match between one boy and one girl of each district ensuring that the districts never rise up against the Capital, Panem, again.

Really a crazy ride from the beginning all the way to the end which leaves us sort of on a cliffhanger. The story is wrapped up but you can just tell there's lots more to come for Katniss.
 
Nikki's Wild. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino