Wednesday, February 8, 2012

12. The Vampire King - Heather Killough-Walden

I was lucky enough to hear about this author through one of my favorite authors links. I'm so very happy I found her. From the second I started reading this I was hooked. It just sucked me in.

I've been reading a lot of books recently where I can't seem to connect with the characters. I had no such issue with these characters. I completely connected with them almost instantly. I loved Evie from the minute we met her. She was strong and courageous and sweet and amazing. Roman on the other hand was a devilish delight. Stronger than any other vampire I've ever read and what an exciting character that creates. I'm not sure who was my favorite of the two.

I wanted so much to read this straight through but work always manages to get in the way. I did end up tossing and turning just thinking about how this one would play out.

One thing that was a little tricky for me was that since this is my first Killough-Walden book I'm not sure if the characters are in any other novels but keeping everyone straight was a little tough. I had to slow down just to think of who was who. I thought it was interesting that most of the supernaturals had normal names. Most other books the names are odd.

This was suspenseful and kept you on the edge until the end where there is quite possibly a good twist coming. Very interesting to say the least. Something I'm dying to jump into to.

I had so much fun reading this and I can't wait for more to come. I should have known better than to start a book during the week. I kept sitting at my desk at work and thinking, if I didn't have a job, I'd have way more time to read this book. I'm hooked.
 
Nikki's Wild. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino