Monday, September 12, 2011

65. The Sentinel - Jeremy Bishop

This novel definitely had me from the start. I couldn't put it down and Sunday at 1:30am with less than 5 hours left to sleep before work, I was still flipping pages as fast as I could.

What a great novel. The beginning was fun and the genius behind the Bilksen's revenge was too funny. I'm really looking forward to more of Jane Harper. Jane's tough, and funny, and exciting. I'm hoping she has more to come.

I've always been excited about Viking myth's and folklore so this book really kept me interested. Also, the detailing in the story had me right there with the characters. I could almost feel the icy cold of the waters and the surroundings. Not to mention the terror as the story progressed.

I actually loved how everything wasn't spelled out perfectly for you about the zombie/vampire creatures. Which leads into a way of continuing the story. Perhaps, learning more about them in the future. The ending definitely left you with sort of a sinking feeling in your stomach as to what could and might happen next.

I loved how this novel never had a moment of rest. It was fast paced and exciting. There was humor, sarcasm, cleverness, and running. Don't forget to run. The creatures were well thought out and questions that kept popping up were taken care of towards the end.

One thing that bothered me (and this is probably just me) I couldn't really picture the hiding places they had. Either, Torstein was super huge large, or I was picturing their hidey hole all wrong. It's really the only thing I couldn't quite get a clear understanding of.

I have to say, I enjoyed this thoroughly. I can't wait for more. And come on, who doesn't love some good viking stories!?
 
Nikki's Wild. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino