Thursday, May 27, 2010

Locked Doors - Blake Crouch


Locked Doors by Blake Crouch was the sequel to Desert Places. I was expecting this to be a lot better than the first and I was sorely disappointed. The amount of exciting parts fell way short of the boring ones.

I found myself bored most of the book just trying to plug along. Then I'd get to a really good part and start getting into the book when all of a sudden the excitement dies and the story seems to just drag on with innocuous details. I really wanted to love this one from the get go but I just couldn't. It felt more like a chore to finish.

The ending was really good though, but you have to wonder. How much bad stuff can happen to one guy? It also left us on sort of a cliffhanger with an opening for a third book, which I will no doubt read because now that I have to much vested into these characters I just have to know what happens to them.
 
Nikki's Wild. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino