Saturday, May 15, 2010

Desert Places - Blake Crouch


Desert Places read a bit monotonously for me. It just seemed to go from one thing to another in the same sentence. Sometimes, I'd find myself stopping and going back just to make sure what I thought happened happened.

Andrew Thomas writes horror novels. He locks himself in his lake home for months until one night finds himself in the middle of his own horror story. Someone has buried a body on his land and if he doesn't find her and call the number that's in her pocket by 8pm they'll call the police and he'll be setup for murder. And so his story begins.

It was alright as far as stories go. There is a second novel starring Andrew Thomas which I've just begun. I'm hoping the second one reads a little easier. What I really liked out of this novel that there were some pretty crazy things going on that I've never read before. That's a huge plus for me. I like to be surprised.
 
Nikki's Wild. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino